How can I improve fax reliability?
In order to get maximum performance and reliability from your
fax server, try the followings:
- Use a direct connection from the PSDN to the fax modem; Remove
any splitters and other devices in that line.
- DISABLE YOUR SCREENSAVER. Some screensavers
can be quite cpu intensive and will starve the communication
threads from receiving required messages;
- Avoid running other cpu intensive processes while fax sessions
are in progress, they will likely starve the communication
- Try different modem baud rates in this order: 9600, 12000 and
- If you have a cheap winmodem or software modem consider
investing in a good quality non-US Robotics controller based modem,
please see this page.