VoIP is a cost effective solution to your telephony needs. It allows you to make cheap calls to anyone, anywhere in the world using your PC or a VoIP Phone handset. However, many people find that they do encounter intermittent or even significant issues with reliably sending and receiving faxes using VOIP.
Joyfax Server & Joyfax Broadcast now supports up to 32 virtual fax devices that can login to a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based software PBX (private branch
exchange) to send & receive faxes.
Based on customer reports and our own experience, we highly recommend the following sip providers: babytel.ca, SIP Affinity.com and Turkish Verimor Telecom.
In order to use the T.38 Over IP to send & receive faxes in Joyfax Server, please follow these steps:
- Open Joyfax Server, click Stop Sending and Stop Receiving buttons on toolbar;
- On Server menu, click Devices Settings;
- Click FoIP... button in Fax Devices Settings dialog box.
- In the Joyfax over IP dialog box, enter the required SIP credentials:
- Click OK button, the new added FoIP account will be listed in the fax devcies:
- Make changes if needed, and click OK.